Tuesday 31 May 2016

Settled In - Week 6

I can't believe it's only been 6 weeks since I came here. It feels now like it's my home. I have established some territory & made friends. Even the man up the road who doesn't like the Dog Monster talks to me in a nice voice.


I have grown in confidence and in size too. She says I eat a lot. She gives me food whenever I ask for it, which is probably pretty often if I'm honest.


The big change has been in the early mornings. One day recently She got very angry and shouted at both me & the Dog Monster. It was unusual I hasten to add. She claimed it was because She was really, really tired because of being woken up so early every day. She said I had to sleep downstairs from then on.


I didn't mind and it only lasted one night. Because - and here's the big news - I got poorly. She was extra nice to me and decided perhaps I'd been stung on my leg. It had really freaked me out so I spent all afternoon under the settee and then under the bed, and I didn't eat for, ooh, hours. I had a stiff leg for 2 days and was rather subdued, so She let me upstairs again. I decided to be kind so now I only go on to Her bed when I know She is awake. Then I curl up beside Her and stay quiet until She is ready to open her eyes. This seems to make Her very happy!





I took it easy after I hurt my leg and lay in the garden waiting for any mice who might be passing by the fence. She left my bell off & I caught a mouse & brought it for her.
She grabs at my offerings & then vanishes them. Perhaps She likes to have them all to herself but it seems odd behaviour.



I have found some different places to sit which can confuse Her if She is looking for me. I like a sunny windowsill.


Finally, here's a close-up for you.


Lots of love, Othello xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment