Tuesday 19 June 2018

Hedgehogs Part 2

Carrion

I said I would show some pictures of something the cat was responsible for. If you are squeamish don't look. I am usually but found this fascinating.

One morning I found a dead bird outside that looked to have been mauled quite considerably. I cursed the cat & disposed of the corpse & it was only later, when I looked at the camera records that I realised what had happened.

First of all it showed the cat with a bird at 11pm



A bit later just after 3 am something unusual came up



Then at 5am another one had a go


The Hedgehog Society said this is quite unusual footage. Apparently hedgehogs will eat carrion - as it shows, and my cat had left fresh meat for them.


Just to finish here's a clip of the same cat ignoring a hedgehog completely












No comments:

Post a Comment